When you think of dentures, you might think of a full plate of false teeth, upper or lower, or maybe even both. You picture the way your grandmother’s teeth looked and maybe that scares you a bit. That’s the way it was in the past, but today, dentures are quite different. But when looking at the different types available, you might get so confused that you’d rather be toothless!
At Shine and Island Dental Associates, we know that being toothless is not an option. This is why, when you come in for a denture consultation, we’ll not only walk you through the process, but we’ll discover the best dentures for you. Some of the options available are:
- Complete Full Dentures. This option works best for people who are missing many teeth or need to have many teeth removed. There are two types of full dentures; removable, which are traditional, or implanted dentures, which are not removable and are held in by multiple dental implants.
- Partial Dentures. For those who are only missing some teeth, partial dentures can replace those teeth while leaving the rest of your teeth intact. They are removable and made of metal and acrylic with hooks to wrap around your natural teeth for a secure fit.
- Clear Palate Dentures. Most full dentures come with a palate that is the color of your gum tissue. Just as the name suggests, clear palate dentures are made with acrylic material that is not gum-colored, but clear. This lets your own natural tissue color show through, making the dentures less obvious.
- Open Palate Dentures. For the most stability, dentures can be held in with dental implants. If you choose an implant supported option, you can take advantage of an open palate. Imagine the freedom of being able to laugh, talk, and eat without a piece of acrylic covering the roof of your mouth.
- Flippers. We never want you to go without teeth, so we offer a temporary flipper option that will get you through until you decide what permanent option will work best for you. Flippers are lightweight and secure, and they look like natural teeth. Best of all, they are very cost effective.
These ain’t your grandma’s dentures. Whatever your need may be, whatever your dental desire, come and see us at Island and Shine Dental Associates. Not only do we want you to have a smile that looks great, we want you to have a mouth that feels great, too.